Leap into Literacy Terms and Conditions
- Leap into Literacy runs on the school calendar for NSW and each term is based upon this calendar.
- Classes generally begin at 3:45pm and run until 5:15pm in Drummoyne and North Willoughby and at 3:30pm and run until 5:00pm in Balmain. Saturday classes in Drummoyne, Balmain, and Chatswood are at 10am, 12pm and 2pm during the day. If the student is running late they may attend class when they arrive; however, the time missed will not be refunded.
- Tuition fees are $36 an hour plus GST, or $54 plus GST per class, and must be paid for in advance. The $54 plus GST deposit to hold the student’s place in the class should be paid at least one week before the term begins and will be credited to the cost of the first class. The remainder of the course is paid for in full or in two separate equal payments before the term begins and the second payment no later than halfway through. It will not be refunded if the student withdraws during the term and you will still need to pay the second payment if your child withdraws prior to this.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, credit card or direct deposit into the account listed on the invoice. Please be sure to include the student’s name as reference when making a payment.
- If the student misses a lesson the cost for the missed lesson will not be refunded. If an alternate class is available on a different day during the same week as the missed lesson the student may attend if there is a spot available – please see our makeup lessons and cancellations policy for more information.
- Transportation to and from the centre must be arranged for the student and Leap into Literacy will not be held liable for any concerns or accidents that may happen outside of the school hours. If the student is making his or her own way home via public transportation, he or she needs to provide a letter from home stating this. We also offer a school pickup service from certain locations. Please email us for more information.
- The teachers are usually available at the centre a few minutes prior to the lesson to discuss any questions or concerns and Allison is additionally available weekdays via phone (0420734720) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please try to be on time for pickup from the lesson as the teachers have other commitments after the class.
- We are not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of our tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of our materials. You the client specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
- All materials at Leap into Literacy are copyright. They may not be published or distributed without written permission.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you also agree to give permission for the following items:
- Permission for staff to act in case of an emergency or accident – Staff will take care of your child while he/she is at the centre, but cannot be held responsible for any accidents that may occur. If your child is sick or has an accident and needs emergency medical treatment, we will try to contact you first. If we cannot contact you, we need your permission to get medical/dental treatment for your child. I authorise the staff of the centre to get any necessary emergency medical treatment for my child and I agree to pay all medical expenses.
- Permission for publicity – I give permission for my child’s photograph to be used in publicity for the tutoring school, for example: newspaper articles, centre newsletters, marketing pamphlets, photo’s around the centre, etc. (If you do not give permission for this, you will need to put this in writing in an email please).
- Emergency Evacuation – In the event of an emergency, for example, a fire at the centre, the children will be required to evacuate the premises and will assemble at a central point of safety. The children will be fully supervised by staff. I understand this agreement and grant permission.